This week's recipe is what I think of as a slightly unusual combination of flavours, but it works well and I have marked it in my cook book as "very nice". Regular readers will know that I love the flavour of lemon, and I also love creamy sauces, which is probably why I like this one so much. It is yet another recipe from one of my favourite books, Trattoria Pasta by Loukie Werle.
It will be interesting to see how this week unfolds in Sydney with the long anticipated World Youth Day upon us. Have a great week yourself. Love from Jane xx
Pasta in a creamy tomato sauce with lemon
What you need:
- 1/2 cup thick cream
- Peel of one lemon, preferably in one piece if you can
- 3 ripe, medium sized tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 500g pasta
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
What you do:
- Combine the cream and lemon peel in a large pan.
- Slowly bring to a boil, then add the tomatoes.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the sauce starts to reduce and thicken, which will take about five minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in plenty of boiling water.
- Remove the lemon peel from the sauce.
- Drain the pasta and add to the sauce, stirring well to coat all of the pasta.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.