I heard on the radio this morning that zucchinis are plentiful right now and it immediately brought to mind a lovely little dish I do from time to time which makes a perfect accompaniment to all sorts of things. It is so quick and easy and slightly unusual, but really yum. I hope you like it!
Have a fabulous week.
Love from Jane xx
Zucchini and fetta mash
What you need:
- 2 medium zucchini
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 70g fetta (there are so many different ones available, choose your favourite)
- A big pinch of allspice
- Juice of half a lemon
What you do:
- Grate the zucchini on the largest holes of a metal grater.
- Heat a non stick pan with a little olive oil and add half of the zucchini.
- Cook gently without colouring for 2-3 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the cooked zucchini and repeat with the remaining half.
- Return all of the zucchini to the pan and heat through.
- Crumble in the fetta, add the allspice and toss in the pan until the fetta is almost melting but still in small pieces.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and serve immediately.