This week's recipe is a very easy slice that I found in my Panasonic cookbook that came with my microwave when I bought it about 15 years ago. I have adapted it from the original muesli recipe as I always have buckets of oats in the pantry, and I finish it in the oven as I don't really believe you can substitute the microwave for the baking step. You can add different things that you have to hand to the slice as well, such as nuts and as I have done, chocolate chips.
Have a happy week. Love from Jane xx
Oat and chocolate slice
What you need:
- 125g butter
- 1 cup brown sugar (you could halve this quantity if it frightens you)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups oatmeal (or natural muesli if you have it)
- 1 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
What you do:
- Combine the butter, sugar and honey in a microwave proof dish and cook on high for a minute, stir, then cook for another minute on high.
- Add the oats/muesli, coconut, sultanas and chocolate chips and mix well.
- Press firmly into a baking tray.
- Bake at 200C for about 10 minutes, or until golden.
- Allow to cool then slice into squares.