This week's recipe is yet another for which I had lower expectations but was really happily surprised. I loved the flavour of the sauce and the mint gives the coleslaw a real freshness. It comes from my Women's Weekly Main Course Salads book which has provided a number of winners over the years. This one is great for casual entertaining in summer and easy for kids to eat. If you can't find drumettes you could use wings or drumsticks or a mix of both.
Have a great holiday time week and a happy new year. Love from Jane xxx
Grilled piri piri drumettes with coleslaw
What you need:
- 16 chicken drumettes
- 1/2 cup piri piri sauce (you can buy at the supermarket)
- 5 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 5 cups finely shredded white cabbage
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
Piri piri dressing
- 1 tablespoon piri piri sauce
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
What you do:
- Combine the chicken and the sauce in a large bowl; cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Combine the ingredients for the piri piri dressing and mix well.
- Cook the chicken in the sauce on the barbecue (or in the oven) until browned and cooked through.
- To make the salad, place the cabbages and the mint in a large bowl with the dressing. Toss well to combine and serve with the chicken.