Have a great week. Love from Jane xx
Spicy omelette sandwiches with tomato salsa
What you need:
- 4 eggs
- A large pinch of cumin
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and cut into strips
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced (if you don't mind raw onion; I left it out)
- 1/4 cup coriander or mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 long chilli, finely sliced
- 2 soft bap rolls
What you do:
- Mix all of the salsa ingredients together and set aside.
- Break the eggs into a bowl.
- Add a tablespoon of water and the cumin to the eggs and beat lightly until just combined.
- Heat a non stick frying pan over a medium to high heat, add the oil and swirl to coat the base of the pan.
- Pour in the eggs, and as they begin to cook, use a wooden spoon to carefully drag the cooked egg to the centre of the pan, allowing the uncooked mix to flow towards the edges.
- Sprinkle the eggs with salt and pepper.
- When the omelette is nearly all cooked, fold in half and slide out onto a board before cutting in half, lengthways.
- Split the rolls in half and butter if you wish, then fill with the omelette and salsa.