Saturday, April 4, 2009

Chocolate peanut butter fudge sundae

Hello everyone, this week's recipe is something I have wanted to try out for ages. It's a Nigella recipe from the November 2007 copy of delicious, and I marked it at the time and have just taken this long to actually make it. I did plan to serve it when I had friends over for dinner in January, but they thwarted my plans by bringing a cake with them. So in the end I gave my workmates a surprise last week by serving up some ice cream with this sauce one afternoon. Safe to say it was a hit.

One word of warning - Nigella says that this quantity makes enough for four. All I can say is that her guests must be able to pack away an ENORMOUS quantity of sauce. I think it easily makes enough for twice that many.

Have a fabulous week, love from Jane xx

Chocolate peanut butter fudge sundae

What you need:
  • 175ml thin cream
  • 100g very good quality milk chocolate, chopped
  • 100g smooth peanut butter (buy it freshly made from a health food store)
  • 3 tablespoons golden syrup
  • Ice cream to serve
  • 4 tablespoons roughly chopped salted peanuts
What you do:
  1. Place the cream, chocolate, peanut butter and golden syrup into a saucepan and place on a medium heat to melt, stirring occasionally.
  2. In about two minutes your sauce should be ready.
  3. Pour the warm sauce over the ice cream and sprinkle with the chopped peanuts.