Anyway, the slice went down well with my office friends. I hope you like it too.
Have a happy week. Love from Jane xx
What you need:
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 150g butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup (from a health food store; use light if that is all you can find)
- 2 tablespoons thickened cream
- 1/3 cup soft brown sugar
- 75g butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups pecans
- Dark chocolate shavings to decorate (optional)
What you do:
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Line a shallow baking tin (18 x 27 cm) with baking paper.
- Combine the flour, icing sugar and butter in a food processor. Using the pulse action, process for one minute until the mixture comes together and forms a ball.
- Press the pastry into the tin (you will really have to push and poke it out to the sides and corners but don't worry, there is enough).
- Bake the pastry for 15 minutes, until just golden. Cool completely in the tin.
- To make the topping, combine the syrup, cream, sugar, butter and eggs in a medium mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add the pecans and stir to combine.
- Pour the topping onto the cooled pastry and bake for another 25 minutes, until set. Cool completely in the tin.
- Lift the slice out of the tin and cut into squares using a sharp knife.
- Decorate with the chocolate shavings if desired.