Saturday, September 19, 2009

Baked ricotta

Hello everyone, I was finally able to do something this week which I have long thought would be fun. I was in Melbourne with my family and on a typically freezing cold Melbourne afternoon, following a brisk walk across town, my two sisters and two nieces and I luxuriated in the warmth and comfort of Koko Black and indulged in the best hot chocolate I've ever had. I was quite sure (all of) the girls would enjoy it and they did. It was such a nice way for the five of us to while away an hour!

This week's recipe uses ricotta, one of my most favourite things to eat in the world. There is nothing like super-fresh ricotta and it shines in this very quick and easy recipe which is perfect for serving guests. It's a recipe I cut out from Good Living some years ago and it is very good. Non vegetarians may wish to serve the ricotta with some slices of prosciutto.

Have a lovely week. Love from Jane xx

Baked ricotta

Serves four

What you need:
  • 750g fresh ricotta
  • Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
  • Sea salt and cracked pepper
  • 1 bunch of red grapes
  • 1 sprig of rosemary

What you do:
  1. Preheat the oven to 220C.
  2. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
  3. Cut the ricotta into slices about 2cm thick and place on the baking paper.
  4. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
  5. Add the grapes and rosemary sprig.
  6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
  7. Allow to cool a little before serving.