This week's recipe is one of my favourite combinations of ingredients. It's a recipe from Good Living from a few years back, a good one for winter. It's definitely time for me to cook it again as I happen to have all of the necessary ingredients laid in, to be used in a couple of other dishes.
Have a lovely week! Love from Jane xx
Gnocchi with gorgonzola, spinach and walnuts
What you need:
- 500g good quality gnocchi
- 100ml chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 100g gorgonzola, crumbled
- 75g baby spinach
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh walnuts, lightly toasted and chopped
- Freshly chopped flat leaf parsley, to serve (which is code for optional)
What you do:
- Cook the gnocchi in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender. Drain well.
- Place the chicken stock and butter in a large pan over a medium-high heat.
- Stir the stock until the butter has melted, then simmer for 2-3 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Add the gorgonzola and stir until the cheese has just melted.
- Toss the gnocchi with the gorgonzola sauce and baby spinach, and season with pepper.
- Serve sprinkled with the walnuts and parsley if using.