Today's recipe is for a wonderful cake that I baked recently and brought into the office to share. It is so moist you won't believe it and it went down really, really well, in fact I'd say it's the most popular one so far - the boys in particular really went for it. It's yet another from my favourite Epicure Chocolate book. It doesn't have an icing so I just served it with some thick cream.
Have a happy week. Love from Jane xx
Flourless peach cake
What you need:
- 225g ground almonds
- 225g brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons really good quality Dutched cocoa
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1/2 cup milk soured with the juice of one lemon
- 2 eggs
- One handful of chopped dried peach
What you do:
- Preheat the oven to 175C.
- Grease and line a 20cm round baking tin with baking paper.
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Add the milk and eggs to the dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Stir in the chopped peach.
- Pour the batter into the tin and bake for 45 minutes.
- Cool in the tin and turn out very, very carefully, then use a second cake rack to flip over so it's the right way around. Because this cake is so moist it's liable to break very easily so be as gentle and careful as you can!