Have a happy week. Love from Jane xx
Warm salad of roasted pumpkin, apples and rocket
What you need:
- 500g butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded and chopped into chunks the size you like
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for serving
- 3 tablespooons balsamic vinegar, plus extra for serving
- 2 medium pink lady apples, cored and cut into wedges
- 80g walnut halves
- 2 cups wild rocket leaves
- 2 cups watercress sprigs
- 100g marinated (or plain) fetta
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 210C.
- Combine pumpkin, olive oil and vinegar in a baking dish you have lined with baking paper (best to do this - I didn't and am still scrubbing out my baking dish) and roast for 15 minutes.
- Add apples and roast for another 15 minutes.
- Make sure the pumpkin is pretty well done and then add the walnuts and roast for a final 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Combine rocket and watercress in a large bowl.
- Add roasted pumpkin mix.
- Season to taste and toss gently.
- Divide salad among four bowls.
- Crumble fetta over salad and drizzle additional olive oil and balsamic and serve.