Have a lovely week. Love from Jane xx
Lemon and parmesan spaghetti
What you need:
- Grated and finely chopped zest and juice of 2 lemons (do the zesting before you juice, it will be a LOT easier)
- 400g spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 2 rinsed and finely sliced leeks
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons rinsed and drained small salted capers (optional - I left them out but you might like them)
- 1 handful flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch chives, finely snipped
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What you do:
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and add half the lemon juice.
- Cook the pasta until al dente, then drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the garlic and the leeks and saute until the leeks are transparent.
- Season with the black pepper.
- Stir the cooked spaghetti into the leeks and add the lemon zest, remaining juice, capers, parsley and chives, stirring everything together gently.
- Divide among four warmed pasta bowls and sprinkle with the cheese.