So to calm me down, this week's recipe is a very easy biscuit mix, which I made recently for a crowd. You can whip up the mix in five minutes and then have the biscuits in and out of the oven in no time at all. They are deliciously moist with all the coconut they contain. Do use a good brand coconut, not some cheap and nasty generic product. The recipe comes from my Women's Weekly Biscuits And Slices book.
Have a happy week! Love from Jane xx
Cornflake coconut crunchies
Makes about 40, depending on how you size them.
What you need:
- 2 cups cornflakes, which you can either lightly crush or leave whole
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 250g butter, melted
What you do:
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine the corn flakes, sifted flour, both coconuts and brown sugar in a large bowl.
- Stir in the eggs and butter.
- Place spoonsful of the mixture onto the baking trays, leaving some space in between.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and after a couple of minutes transfer the biscuits to wire racks to cool.