But you are here for my recipe, not my musings on who arrives at the doorstep! This week's recipe is another great party one that I have tried out. I found it in Good Living in a feature from a book that had been published recently called Party: The Complete Guide To Food And Drinks. This one is soooooo simple but very effective. Try it next time you are asked to bring a dish to a party and you'll see what I mean!
Have a lovely week. Jane xx
Roman Summer Skewers
What you need:
- 20 cherry bocconcini
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pesto (Even better if you make it yourself; check my recipe in November 2008)
- 40 small fresh basil leaves
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 20 pitted black olives
- 20 cocktail sticks (supermarket)
What you do:
- Drain the bocconcini and place in a bowl with the olive oil and pesto.
- Stir until coated, cover and leave to marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- Thread the bocconcini, a tomato, two basil leaves and an olive on to each stick.
- Arrange on a platter and serve.