This week's recipe is a favourite pizza, from a Women's Weekly book called Cooking For Friends There are so many different combinations that you can use for a pizza but this one seems to be just right every time.
Have a great week. Love from Jane xx
Pizza with prosciutto and ricotta
Serves six to eight
What you need:
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 3 x medium sized pizza bases
- 1/2 to 1 cup tomato paste
- 300g baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 9 slices prosciutto
- 1/4 cup loosely packed, coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 300g fresh ricotta
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed and stirred through the olive oil
What you do:
- Preheat the oven to 240C.
- Cut each tomato into eight wedges.
- Place the pizza bases on oven trays.
- Spread each base with a third of the tomato paste.
- Top each pizza with equal amounts of tomato, spinach, onion, prosciutto, basil, ricotta and pine nuts.
- Drizzle each pizza with equal amounts of the garlic oil.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the top of each pizza is browned lightly and the base crisp.