This is the most luscious creation which I have been meaning to add to the blog for some time. It is a really rich kind of cream, which you can serve with poached fruits, pies and tarts, chocolate cake or anything else with which you would serve cream. I often serve it with fudgy little individual serve chocolate cakes. It comes from Simple Food by Jill Dupleix, and is yet another example of how sometimes the simplest recipes can be the most effective!
What you need:
- 200ml whipping cream
- 200g thick Greek yoghurt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Whip the cream in a bowl until peaks form.
- Lightly fold in the Greek yoghurt, using a spatula or a wooden spoon, then pour the mix into a wide shallow bowl.
- Scatter the brown sugar evenly over the surface.
- Cover and chill for an hour - this will allow the brown sugar to melt and form a caramel syrup.
- When ready to serve, swirl the caramel sauce through the yoghurt.