Have a fabulous week. Love from Jane xx
Serves 10 very generously
What you need:
- 185g softened butter
- 185g brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 250g sour cream or creme fraiche
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup any jam you like
What you do:
- Preheat the oven to 180.
- Butter or oil spray a bundt tin (they are the ones that have fluted sides and a kind of column in the middle so you get a doughnut shaped cake).
- Place the butter and brown sugar in the food processor and blend till smooth.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and blend for a few seconds between each addition.
- Add the sour cream or creme fraiche and the flour to the food processor and blend until you have a thick batter.
- Transfer the batter to a big bowl (it makes a big quantity) and stir through the jam.
- Spoon the batter into the cake tin and bake for about 40 minutes. Do watch it - all the sugar in the batter makes it cook quickly so keep an eye on it from 30 minutes onwards.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with cream, icecream, custard or all three.