Today's recipe is a really nice mix that can be used in all sorts of ways. I love green olives and if you buy them from a good deli you will be bowled over by the spectacular taste. You can serve this as a robust kind of dip, or spread it on crusty bread, either toasted or not, or use it to accompany grilled chicken or fish. It would also be good with roasted vegetables or even on a pizza - it's very versatile!
Have a fantastic week, love from Jane xx
Green olive and almond tapenade
Makes about 1 1/2 cups
What you need:
- 250g whole green olives (to yield about 170g when pitted)
- 1 cup blanched almonds
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
What you do:
- Cut the olive flesh so that you can discard the pits.
- Toast the almonds in a 180 oven until golden brown (around 5-8 minutes, watch closely).
- Blend the olives, almonds, parsley, lemon juice, garlic and anchovies in a food processor.
- Drizzle in the olive oil and blend again until combined but still coarse.
- Season to taste.
- Serve at room temperature.