This week's recipe is not dessert, but a sensational prawn and mango salad that is perfect for hot Summer nights (I am pretending that we are experiencing fabulous Summer weather and hoping that eventually it will come good). It takes no time to whip up this one. It is the November recipe from the 2006 delicious calendar which had some really good recipes.
Have a great week. Love from Jane xxx
Prawn and mango salad with maple creme fraiche
What you need:
- 50ml olive oil
- Grated rind and juice of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 100ml creme fraiche (you can buy this most places now) or sour cream
- 4 cups baby salad leaves
- 1 mango, peeled and thinly sliced
- 500g cooked prawns, peeled and with tails intact
What you do:
- For the dressing, whisk together the oil with 2 tablespoons lime juice, then season with salt and pepper.
- For the maple creme fraiche, in a small bowl whisk together the remaining lime juice and rind, maple syrup, chopped chilli and creme fraiche/sour cream.
- Toss the salad leaves with the dressing and divide among four bowls.
- Top with mango slices and prawns and serve with a dollop of the maple creme fraiche.