Have a lovely week. Love from Jane xxx
Crostato Di Riso
What you need:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 litre light stock, or water
- 2 1/3 cups arborio rice
- 2 cups fresh tomato sauce (make yourself or buy at a good deli, or use Savion tomato dip if you can find it, I've seen it most recently at Coles at Chatswood Chase in Sydney)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 cups freshly grated Parmesan
- 6 basil leaves, torn
- 300g fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 30g butter
What you do:
- Preheat the oven to 175C.
- Lightly oil a large round oven proof dish
- Heat the oil in a large pan and gently cook the onion until soft.
- In another pan, bring the stock to the boil and pour in the rice.
- Simmer for ten minutes, then drain and stir the rice into the onion.
- Cook for five minutes and mix in three quarters of the tomato sauce with the parsley, salt and pepper.
- Stir in three quarters of the Parmesan and the basil.
- Spoon half of the rice mix into the ovenproof dish, levelling the top.
- Cover with the mozzarella slices and top with the remaining sauce.
- Make another layer with the remaining rice and sprinkle over the remaining Parmesan.
- Dot with butter and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to stand for ten minutes before serving.