So I'm just going to have to squeeze in some simple meals with lots of vegetables whenever I can. Thankfully I made a bucketful of a very vegie-rich pasta sauce from last month's delicious magazine so I can always dig a container of that out of the freezer when it all gets too much.
I thought I'd give you this recipe this week because I had an email a few days ago from a reader who declares that she is not a cook but did the baked ricotta I posted earlier for guests and it was a hit! I adore good, fresh ricotta and love this very simple little dish, which is a Brigitte Hafner recipe I found in Good Living four years ago.
Have a happy week. Love from Jane xx
Parmesan ricotta on toast
What you need:
- 500g really fresh ricotta
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- 1 bunch of rocket
- 2 lovely ripe tomatoes, sliced
What you do:
- In a bowl, mix together the ricotta, Parmesan and oil.
- Season to taste.
- Toast the bread.
- Drizzle with a little oil and spread a thick layer of the ricotta mix.
- Top with rocket and tomato.
- Season with a little salt and pepper and drizzle with a little more oil.