Have a good week, love from Jane xx
Serves 5-6 as as side dish
What you need:
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons of a good vinegar - a Spanish sherry vinegar is ideal
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 125 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste (or ordinary pepper)
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika, preferably smoky Spanish paprika
- 1 kg good frying potatoes, washed well
- Olive oil for frying
What you do:
- Beat the egg yolk, sherry and garlic, drizzling in the olive oil in a stream as you whisk, in the same way as you would make a mayonnaise (if you do indeed make your own mayonnaise).
- Whisk in the tomato puree, pepper, salt and paprika and check the flavour. This sauce should be reasonably bold tasting.
- Cut the potatoes into roughly 2-3 cm dice and fry in plenty of olive oil until cooked through and lightly browned.
- Remove the potatoes from the pan and drain on a couple of paper towels.
- Serve the potatoes warm with the sauce either on top, or served on the side as a dipping sauce.