This week's recipe is a quick and easy slice from my Women's Weekly Biscuits and Slices book. I wouldn't say that this is one of their better books but from time to time I'll make something from it that is good, and this is one of those.
Have a happy week. Love from Jane xx
Cashew Ginger Fingers
What you need:
- 125g butter
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 60g butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 cup unsalted, roasted cashew nuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped glace ginger
What you do:
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Line a 20cm x 30cm lamington tin with baking paper.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir the sifted flour and ground ginger into the butter mix.
- Spread this mix evenly over the base of the prepared tin.
- Bake the mix in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool in the pan.
- To make the topping, combine the icing sugar, butter and golden syrup in a saucepan over a medium heat and stir until the butter is melted.
- Stir in the nuts and ginger.
- Spread the hot topping evenly over the cold base.
- Cool before slicing into fingers.