This week's recipe is a very simple and beautiful pasta dish. It comes from one of my favourite writers, Diane Seed, in her book The Top One Hundred Pasta Sauces. I hope you like it too!
Love from Jane xxx
Tagliatelle with onion sauce
What you need:
- 500g tagliatelle
- 100g butter
- 500g onions, thinly sliced
- Chicken stock
- 200ml cream
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Grated nutmeg
- Parmesan cheese for serving
What you do:
- Melt the butter and cook the thinly sliced onions in a covered pan over a low heat until they are soft. Do not let them brown.
- Cover with chicken stock and simmer, with the lid on the pan, for another 25 minutes.
- Start cooking the pasta following the packet directions.
- Allow the onion mix to cool a little, then puree it.
- Stir the cream into the onions, then add the salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste.
- Drain the pasta and stir through the onion sauce.
- Serve the pasta and sauce with Parmesan cheese served separately.