This week's recipe is a great winter time dish and just luscious. The original recipe uses kumara, but being the potato lover that I am I substitute potato. You can use either or even both. It's from the Autumn/Winter edition of SOS and a very good dish to have in your cold weather repertoire.
Have a wonderful week. Love from Jane xxx
Maple glazed roast potato and apple
What you need:
- 1.5kg potato and/or kumara, peeled and cut in chunks
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, cored and quartered
- 100g unsalted butter
- 180ml orange juice
- 125ml maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
What you do:
- Preheat the oven to 175C.
- Place the potato and/or kumara and apple into an earthenware dish which will hold them snugly.
- In a small saucepan over a medium heat, make a syrup with the butter, orange juice, maple syrup, ground cloves, salt and pepper.
- Pour the syrup over the potato/kumara and apple.
- Cover the dish with foil and roast in the centre of the oven for an hour, basting every 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue to cook for about a further 30 minutes, or until caramelised, basting as necessary.