This week's recipe is something that is very simple but when done well, with very good ingredients, is just the best. It's a recipe from Good Living, and I feel safe in saying the best chicken sandwich recipe I have ever tried.
Have a good week. Love from Jane xx
Serves four, easily
What you need:
- 1 roast or BBQ chicken
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped tarragon
- 1 tablespoon seeded mustard
- 2 sticks celery, washed and finely chopped
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 2 large handfuls of watercress or rocket, washed and dried
What you do:
- Remove the chicken meat from the carcass and shred finely.
- Mix the chicken in a bowl with all the other ingredients except the bread and leaves.
- Lay out the slices of bread and spoon the chicken filling onto four slices.
- Top with watercress or rocket and the remaining bread slices.
- Cut in half and serve.