Saturday, August 14, 2010

Warm winter salad of radicchio, wild rocket and feta


Hello everyone, this week I am wondering if you can do something for me. My beautiful cat Bellatrix has gone missing and I am trying to do everything I can think of to find her. She disappeared on Wednesday 11 August from our home in Cromer. I have searched the surrounding streets, calling her name, and done a letter box drop with a flyer with her photo asking for assistance. My brother in law has searched under the house and I have scoured surrounding bushes, surveyed the roof and called her name until I am blue in the face. If you happen to know anyone at all who lives in Cromer, I implore you to direct them to this photo of Bellatrix and ask them to look out for her. Her name, my mobile number and her Vet's details are on a tag on her collar and she is microchipped so any Vet who scans her could contact me. All help very much appreciated!!


This week's recipe comes from the July edition of delicious magazine. It is a Jamie Oliver recipe.


Jane


Warm winter salad of radicchio, wild rocket and feta


Serves six


What you need:


  • 3 radicchio lettuces, outer leaves removed

  • 3 slices good quality bread

  • 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced

  • A large handful of pine nuts

  • A large handful of raisins

  • Olive oil

  • 200ml balsamic vinegar (I'd recommend using half this quantity, and taste and adjust if you think it needs more)

  • 75g wild rocket

  • 200g feta cheese

What you do:



  1. Cut radicchio into quarters.

  2. Grill in a dry, very hot pan on top of the stove for 3-4 minutes until nicely charred on all sides. Remove to a large bowl.

  3. Chargrill the slices of bread.

  4. To make the dressing, fry the garlic, pine nuts and raisins in a little oil over a medium heat.

  5. When the garlic starts to colour, take the pan off the heat and pour in the balsamic. Most of the liquid will evaporate when it hits the pan, so you end up with a sticky dressing. Leave to cool a little.

  6. Roughly tear up the radicchio and bread, then place back in the bowl and toss with the dressing.

  7. Divide the radicchio and bread among serving plates.

  8. Top with rocket, any pine nuts and raisins left in the bowl and crumble over the feta before serving.