Have a happy week. Love from Jane xxx
Pink grapefruit, avocado and watercress salad
What you need:
- 16 macadamia nuts
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 1 ripe avocado
- A bunch of watercress, sprigs picked
- 8-12 slices prosciutto (optional)
- 8-12 wafer thin slices pecorino (optional)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 tablespooon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar (or whatever you have to hand)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hazelnut oil, if you have it, otherwise use more of the extra virgin olive oil
What you do:
- For the dressing, combine the mustard and vinegar in a small bowl with a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- Whisk in the oils, then set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180 and then toast the nuts until they smell nice, about ten minutes.
- Peel the grapefruit, removing all the pith, then cut into segments over a large bowl to catch the juice.
- Halve, stone and peel the avocado, then cut into slices of a similar size to the grapefruit slices.
- Add the avocado to the grapefruit with the watercress and toss very gently to mix.
- Drizzle half of the dressing over the salad and toss lightly, so you don't break up the avocado or grapefruit slices.
- Arrange the salad on a plate, interleaving the prosciutto and pecorino slices, if using, with the watercress, grapefruit and avocado.
- Sprinkle with the parsley and drizzle over the remaining dressing.
- Scatter over the macadamias and serve.