This week's recipe is absolutely gorgeous for entertaining on a hot day and hopefully we will see a few more such days (doesn't feel like it today). It's also really pretty. It's another recipe from my Summer SOS book which is full of great ideas for fresh produce.
Have a wonderful week. Love from Jane xx
Kirsh marinated berries
What you need:
- 600g mixed berries (as many varieties as you can find)
- 75g caster sugar
- 100ml kirsch
What you do:
- Hull the berries if necessary and slice the strawberries lengthways.
- Put the berries in a bowl and sprinkle with the sugar and kirsch and toss gently until lightly coated.
- Leave the berries to marinate for 2-3 hours, stirring from time to time to dissolve the sugar.
- Divide the berries and juices among six serving glasses or bowls.
- Top each with a scoop of icecream and serve immediately.