This week's recipe shows you how to make incredible hot chocolate at home, just perfect for cold winter nights. It is a recipe I cut out from Good Living a few years ago, created by Matthew Evans, and I think it is in his new book, The Real Food Companion.
(Greg, this one is for you!)
Have a happy week! Love from Jane xxx
Not-for-the-faint-hearted hot chocolate
Could serve either one or two - up to you!
What you need:
- 150ml milk
- 100ml cream
- 100g dark chocolate, broken into smallish bits (generally I prefer milk chocolate, but in this recipe dark is definitely preferable; milk is just too sweet)
- 1 tablespoon really good quality cocoa powder, sifted
- 1-2 tablespoons brandy, cognac or whisky
What you do:
- Heat the milk and cream carefully in a small pan until warm.
- Whisk in the chocolate and sifted cocoa.
- Bring to just near the boil, remove from the stove and whisk in the alcohol.
- Serve in front of a fire or the heater.