Hello everyone, happy new year! I hope your celebrations were fun and safe and included lots of delicious food. This week’s recipe is perfect for lazy summer evenings when you don’t want anything heavy. I know that some people don’t like blue cheese, so you could substitute any other cheese, but really, some of the creamy blue cheeses that you can buy at supermarkets are lovely and it works really well in these sort of toasted sandwiches.
If you are still on holidays, have a lovely week and if you are back at work, console yourself by planning some nice dinners so you know what you have to look forward to at the end of a long day.
Love from Jane x
Blue cheese quesadilla
What you need:
· 750g English spinach leaves
· Sea salt and pepper
· 400g fresh mozzarella balls
· 200g creamy blue cheese
· 8 flour tortillas
What you do:
1. Wash the spinach leaves well and shake dry.
2. Heat a dry, non stick pan and add the spinach. Cook quickly, wilting the spinach as the water evaporates.
3. When the spinach is wilted, squeeze it dry, finely chop it and toss with salt and pepper. Keep the pan on the stove on a medium heat.
4. Slice the mozzarella balls finely and roughly chop the blue cheese.
5. Arrange slices of mozzarella over one tortilla, scatter with chunks of blue cheese and strew with spinach. Top with the second tortilla, pressing down lightly.
6. Cook the tortilla sandwiches in the heated fry pan (you don’t need any oil), over a medium heat for about two minutes until lightly browned underneath. Turn the sandwich to cook on the other side.Slide the tortilla sandwich onto a plate and cut into quarters and eat quickly. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.