Saturday, January 19, 2008

World’s Greatest Salad Dressing

Hello everyone, as it’s so late at night (for me anyway), I won’t dilly-dally. This week’s recipe is the best salad dressing I have ever made and is something that I whip up very regularly when I am throwing together a salad to take to a party or even just making something simple to eat at home. It’s a really good one to have in your repertoire.

I must mention before I go that I went to High Tea yesterday with my friend Rebecca J (we have had a High Tea theme this year). This time we tried out the Lenotre tea at the Sofitel Wentworth and it was outstanding – we agreed the best we have had this year (and we have done quite a few!) If you have a special occasion on the horizon then you should think about celebrating over their stunning French pastries and beautiful big pots of tea (or coffee if you must). If you just eat salad all week with this great dressing you can then afford to indulge in the Lenotre!

Have a good week.

Love from Jane

World’s Greatest Salad Dressing

You can use this dressing on salad leaves, potatoes, beetroot, meat, rice salads – pretty well anything you can think of.

What you need:
· 2 free range eggs
· ½ cup red wine vinegar
· 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
· 1 teaspoon paprika
· Salt to taste
· 1 teaspoon sugar
· 1 cup of your favourite oil

What you do:
1. Place eggs, vinegar, mustard, paprika, salt and sugar in a food processor and blend.
2. Continue to blend while slowly pouring oil into mixture.


That’s it.This does make a very big quantity and over the years I have cut down the amount of oil that I use (keeping the same quantities of other ingredients). You should experiment and get it to the taste and thickness that you like. Of course you can halve/quarter the quantities to make a smaller amount of dressing.