Are you getting into the Christmas spirit? I had to go out earlier today and my errands involved visiting a major shopping centre on Sydney’s northern beaches, which I dreaded. To my surprise it wasn’t too busy on the roads or in the shops and I parked easily everywhere I went. Hmmm, not sure why – perhaps everyone is saving themselves for next weekend?
This week’s recipe is something you might want to serve at Christmas or to use up leftover turkey afterwards. It is sensational and very easy to do and looks fabulous. It has several yummy things in it and you can substitute ingredients if you wish.
Have a good week!
Love from Jane xx
Warm turkey salad with potatoes and figs
What you need:
· 800g kipfler potatoes, either peeled or washed well
· 4 fresh figs, quartered
· 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
· 1 tbsp lemon juice
· ¼ cup finely chopped chives
· 8 slices cooked turkey, torn into large pieces
· Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
· 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
· 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
· 2 tsp Dijon mustard
What you do:
1. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold salted water. Bring to the boil and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain and set aside.
2. Drizzle a little olive oil over the figs and place them under a hot griller for five minutes, or until tender.
3. Cut up the potatoes into chunks then pour over the combined olive oil and lemon juice. Toss to coat.
4. Add the figs, chives and turkey. Whisk together the dressing ingredients, pour over the salad and toss gently. Season to taste.