Saturday, January 19, 2008

Hot fudge sauce

Hello everyone, I hope you have had a good week. I was excused from jury duty (“for now” were the ominous words) so that was a big plus in my week. But I fear that they will not let me go until I have done my civic duty, so I guess this will hang over me for a while!

Anyway, this week’s recipe is a fantastic and super easy chocolate fudge sauce that is really yummy over icecream. It’s sensational if you use it straight away or warm it in the microwave just before serving.

I also thought that I would include my list of top 10 hot chocolate providers for you this week. I am happy to say that after extensive research I have expanded the list to 15! After number 6 they are in no particular order, they all meet my standards, but the top 6 are in order and are outstanding!

Have a lovely week.

Love from Jane xx

Top 10 hot chocolate providers

1. Koko Black, Melbourne CBD
2. Bathers Pavilion, Balmoral
3. Jellyfish, Manly
4. Bourke Street Bakery, Surry Hills/Broadway/Chippendale
5. Bill’s, Woollahra/Darlinghurst/Surry Hills
6. Salon, Sydney CBD
7. Max Brenner (many places)
8. Young Alfred, Sydney CBD
9. Bellefleur at Flower Power, Warriewood/Terrey Hills
10. Gelato Messina, Darlinghurst
11. Danks Street Depot, Woollahra
12. The Source, Mosman
13. Jones The Grocer, Woollahra

Hot fudge sauce

Serves 8 over icecream

What you need:
· 2 tablespoons butter
· 2 tablespoons golden syrup
· ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
· 150g good chocolate, chopped


What you do:
1. Combine butter, golden syrup and condensed milk in a saucepan and stir over a low heat for 2-3 minutes, until the mixture thickens and is light golden.
2. Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate until smooth.


That’s it!

To reheat the sauce, put it in the microwave on medium for 1-2 minutes, until warm and melted.