For those of you who have a long weekend this weekend I hope you are doing something that makes the most of this gorgeous warm sunny weather we are having. Like making this very summery salad with chicken, mint and pine nuts. It’s super easy to throw together (you can cook the chicken ahead of time) and is perfect for a light lunch with friends.
Don’t forget that if you have a friend who you think would like to join this email service, just send me their email address and I’ll happily add them to the list.
Have a great week.
Love from Jane xx
Minted chicken and pine nut salad
What you need:
· 4 chicken breast fillets
· Chicken stock
· ¼ cup lemon infused olive oil (you can substitute just a light olive oil if you don’t have lemon infused)
· ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
· 2-3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
· 1-2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
· Freshly ground pepper and sea salt
· ½ cup pine nuts, either roasted in the oven for 7-8 minutes or toasted in a dry pan on top of the stove
· Leaves from one bunch of mint
What you do:
1. Gently poach the chicken in a pan with stock to cover just until cooked.
2. Drain and cut the chicken into chunks.
3. Whisk together the oils, vinegar and mustard and season.
4. Place the chicken and pine nuts in a bowl.
5. Add the mint and dressing and toss gently to combine before serving.